Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Floors and Lingerie

I am still cleaning up from this past weekend's festivities. This past week Blake and I went and looked at some new flooring and the man told us it was "so easy" to put in. So Blake called his friend and he was free this Saturday to help put them in. I was hosting a lingerie shower that Saturday night at the house, but I was assured that they would be done in only a few hours. So Friday night Blake and I took up the carpet and the wood flooring in the entry way along with moving all the furniture to start bright and early putting new floors in on Saturday. I also made cupcakes, brownies, and a cookie cake Friday night in between helping. Well bright and early meant to them meant 11 AM. So around 12:30 PM they actually start...I begin to feel the uneasiness of "this is not going to be done in time". So the party starts at 7:00 PM I thought they would be done by 3 PM and I could go shopping a little bit before the party. Nope! I was there the entire day cleaning up and moving things to make it easier for them to get things done. I also had to decorate all the cupcakes and the cookie cake. So at 6:45 PM I was like - JUST LEAVE!!! They were able to get majority of the living room laid and all the furniture moved back as the guests arrived. The party went well and then we went out afterwards...way past my bed time. I love my new floors and Blake and his friend did a fabulous job putting them in. It is so nice to have a friend like Bryant who knows how to do so much and is willing to help us out whenever we ask. He is one of a kind. I will post pictures soon - we still need to put the quarter round in a few more places. I also want to get a new rug for the living room and a new coffee table. I want one that is leather and has a huge base so I can put candles and decorations in the center without Bailey messing with it. Sunday was spent doing nursery, still cleaning up the mess, and finishing the floors before going to our Sunday School cookout. Blake and his friend did not finish until around 12 AM Monday morning with the floors. So the next time a handyman tells me "it's so easy"...it probably isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment