Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Food at Work Reviews

I try to take my breakfast and lunch to work to save on money and calories. I love a Chick-Fil-A biscuit in the morning with Zaxby's friend chicken for lunch but so does my thighs, stomach and rear end. So anyway I have looked around for good food to leave at work on days I don't take left overs or a sandwich. Also good for the days when you need something fast.

Breakfast at work:
Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt
*****
I love all the flavors especially key lime pie!

Yoplait Yo Plus Light Yogurt
*****
This is the dieting yogurt but it tastes great in strawberry-banana.

Lunch at work:
Bowl Appetite by Betty Crocker
***
I tried the vegetable garden chicken with rice. It was actually really good for the price - less than $2.00. The only problem I had was it was really soupy so I would do less water than they suggested and it was super hot. I eat microwaveable things a lot and I have never had to wait for things to cool off that long. My first sip/bite burnt my tongue all over even after blowing it so make sure to let it cool off a while before eating.

Healthy Choice "Fresh Mixers" with Rice
*****
350-390 calories each
Love these! The rice ones are GREAT! Teriyaki Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken are really good. They also make "Fresh Mixers"with noodles but I haven't tried them.

Marie Callendar "Home Styled Creations"
***
350-390 calories each
I used to think these were really good until today - I tried the turkey stuffing one and GROSS! I will stick to the rice ones from now on.

Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
****
220 calories
I love these and I know they are not in the diet category but the other chicken noodle soups look so watery and I need something to stick until dinner or at least a mid-day snack. This does keep me full but I usually need a pick me up snack around 2:30 or 3:00. The other "Chunky" soups have over 400 calories in them but they are really good.

Snack at work:
Fiber One "Oats and Apple Strudel" Bar
*****
130 calories
This is like eating a danish and not feeling guilty. Great for a sweet tooth! Only downside is they are a more expensive snack because only 5 come in a box.

Vanilla Yogurt Raisins in the mid-size box
*****
120 calories
These are really good and can be eaten one at a time to stretch out your snack.

Quaker Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Bar
****
90 calories
These are good but not as filling as a fiber one bar although they are cheaper and you get 10 in a box verses only 5.

Drinks other than water:
Crystal Light in Peach Tea
*****
10 calories
This is a great alternative to soda and regular tea. I try to bring a canister to work with it for lunches so I don't drink my favorite "Dr. Pepper".

Crystal Light in Pink Lemonade
*****
10 calories
Love this! Although it doesn't really go with much I eat at lunch.

6 comments:

  1. I love these new posts! You are really great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! They were very helpful and I plan to try some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great reviews Brittany. They are very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I also suggest www.myfitnesspal.com?? This site is very user-friendly and allows you to enter what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Also, if you did any exercise and it helps you figure out how many daily calories you need to reach your goal weight. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kristina. I am going to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I will look at the website - I have been wondering how much is too little or too much.

    ReplyDelete