Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Looking Back on 2011

Its feels unreal that the year 2011 is almost complete. I looked at my post from last year on goals/resolutions for 2011 and it's a little heartbreaking because we had hoped 2011 would be "THE YEAR" for us. I realize that when I wrote those "hopes" I was not being realistic. Every single card in the deck had to be aligned perfectly in order for that to have happened and well...our cards were a tad messy. One thing that I wrote for 2013 is that we would start on baby McArdle #2 and we were over achievers and did it in 2011 instead. What's funny is that I was pregnant every single day of 2011 until October 26th.

So here are our big moments that did NOT happen in 2011:
- I absolutely quit playing guitar and sold it :) lol...it wasn't for me as much as I tried to be a rock star...I will stick with singing
- I absolutely organized my t-shirts for my quilt...and packed them away into a box
- Career Moves that will have to wait for next year

So here are our big moments that DID happen in 2011:
- The Embroidery Machine was well worth the purchased and used a lot this year
- We went to Disney World for Bailey's 4th birthday and she had fabulous outfits for each day :)
- We converted the craft room into a nursery
- I did a lot of de-cluttering! All of Bailey's baby things and pretty much everything we don't "need"
- Summer of Cupcakes
- Bailey was a beautiful flower girl in my sorority sister's wedding
- We had our 5 year anniversary <3
- I started a facebook page for my business (go like it!) and I've created some fabulous stuff Had a baby
- Blake spent 3 months of the year in Puerto Rico
- Our house was broken into

I feel like 2011 was a slow year for us because I was pregnant for 10 months and couldn't do that much...plus Blake was gone 3 months of it in the summer so it just felt uneventful. Looking back on this list it shows me how great of a year it truly was...even though our "hopes" didn't happen...there's always next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment