Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2012

My New Year's Resolutions for 2012...I love making lists and checking them off especially big year long goals. I have been thinking for over a month what I want to put on my list for this year. I have a very big imagination but I also know my limitations so I have made a challenging but doable list for 2012. Some are really hard and some are just time consuming...some are nuts and some are practical.

1. Become a runner! I have actually started on this one already meaning I bought cute clothes ;) I am signing up for my first 5K on February 11th with my dad and sister-in-law. My mother was suppose to do it with me as "our new thing", but she broke her leg...so sad! I'm hoping she can start training in February and we can do one in March together. This counts as learning one new thing.

2. Read the Bible in a year. This one will be a life changer if I can stick with it. I have a Bible my dad gave me last year that goes in chronological order and has everything you need to read each day to finish in one year.

3. Make my first quilt! I am determined to finish my ZTA t-shirt quilt. I cut up half the shirts and took a class but I quit after that so I need to figure out how to do a few more steps and get it done. I know I will love it once I finish it.

4. Make some more progress toward my little home business - upgrade my embroidery machine is the next step toward that and replacing my laptop.

5. Sell our house! We are putting it on the market hopefully by the first week in January if everything goes well. We took down Christmas decorations last night and I started clearing out areas and staging the rooms...I have a few more rooms to do and closets to thin out. I am taking it room by room and each day stopping by Goodwill to donate it....its like spring cleaning and getting a tax deduction at the same time :)

6. Join one more organization this year...not sure which one but I want to do one more this year. Plus get more involved in the eMerge Marketing Committee.

7. Read books to Bailey everyday. During the summer I am really good about it because it seems less busy and we participate in the Summer Reading Program, but I need to do more throughout the entire year.

8. Cook more meals and not eat fast food (try for less than 3 times a month). If I cooked more at night I could take leftovers to work for lunch...saving money and calories. I need to enrich our diets by making meals with vegetables and whole grains. This will be beneficial toward our "family time" as well. My goal is to cook 4 nights a week - eating out as a family once (Saturday or Friday) and lunch after church on Sunday.

9. Find something Blake and I can do together...maybe running could be our thing once I can keep up ;) I just really want to find something we enjoy doing together. We got the Kinect for Christmas and it is so fun to do as a family so hopefully we will make time to have more fun with each other this year.

10. Get an iPhone! We are eligible for upgrades in March :) I can finally get cool apps!

To sum it up... I want to loose weight by running, feed my family healthy meals, be debt free, become closer to God, become closer to Blake, get more involved, grow as a person, and be a better mom.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I think I am going to have share some of your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete