Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning to Run Week # 4

Yesterday was the start of week #4. I started the Couch to 5K program the week after Christmas, but instead of 9 weeks I had to shorten it to 7 weeks because I wanted to do my first 5K earlier. So I challenged myself to do more each week and run as far as I could each time. The circle in my neighborhood is a little short of 1 mile so I do it twice each time. I usually run each night somewhere between 4-6 before it gets really dark. Last week was week #3 and I could already run 2 miles without stopping! I was pumped! Of course now my knees hurt and it's harder but I'm not stopping. Tomorrow I am adding another mile to my training and hope to be able to run all three miles without stopping by the end of week #5. Then I will add another mile to that and try and complete all 4 miles without stopping by the end of week #7 to complete the 5K in a good time. My goal is get my miles down to 10 minutes each - right now they are at 12 minutes. It would be great to complete my first 5K in under 31 minutes, but 35 minutes wouldn't be bad either ;) I am also watching my calorie intake and doing Ripped in 30 on days I cannot run or need to workout. I was doing it 3 times a week but this past week I was lazy and did not do it - it's a great workout and really tough! I'm still on week #1! My plan is to do it a few more times this week and finally move to week #2. I have to keep reminding myself that it's totally worth it because nothing feels as good as being skinny and fitting great in your clothes. I am 5 pounds away from pre-baby weight, but I am 13 pounds away from being at my "good weight" and I'm 23 pounds away from "No way! You have kids?!". So I have a ways to go before I hit the "good weight", but I'm close enough now that I can see the difference running is making.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love your blog! "No way! You have kids?!" made me wanna pee my pants!

    ReplyDelete