Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Cupcake tower - flowers in blue and pink

I designed this cupcake tower based on the napkins used for this baby shower. The mother-to-be is waiting to find out what she is having so the napkins had bright blue, bright pink, and bright green on them. I was hesitant to try out fondant because 1. It doesn't taste good 2. It can be expensive 3. time...since I am teaching myself, I don't have time to make mistakes or practice a lot. So I did some research on fondant and found that a lot of people love using marshmallow fondant because 1. It tastes better 2. It is cheap to make 3. EASY!


So here are the pictures of my first cupcake tower:
Inside of cake: Chocolate icing
23 cupcakes: butter/yellow cake with cream cheese icing & marshmallow fondant flowers
Top of tower: (2) 6 inch yellow cake with cream cheese icing & marshmallow fondant flowers & bright green ribbon
Cupcake Tower

Me with my first cupcake tower!

3 comments: