Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Flu

On the drive home from the beach I was not feeling well at all. I didn't stop for drugs because I had what I needed at home - my fix it all pill CLARITIN. Well I woke up to get ready for work on Tuesday and felt horrible so I took another claritin but still felt woozy. At around 11 am I decided I needed to go home and take a nap to shake off this "sinus infection" that I diagnosed myself with. The satellite installer happened to come while I was napping so I had to act like I wasn't dying for two hours while that was going on and finally at around 4:00 PM my mother had to drive me to Pri-Med. They ran some tests where I tested positive for the FLU! I truly said "Are you kidding me!?! Who has time for the flu?!?" Then I waited for the nurse to leave before I balled my eyes out. Who was going to watch Bailey? Who would take her to school for me? I was going to have to cancel my trip with Blake to use my leave up on the darn FLU! I was so mad and determined that the Flu was not as bad as it seemed and thought it would be over in 24 hours...well that Flu tore me up. Thank goodness my mother and MIL were able to take Bailey while I wallowed in my house for 3 days isolated from the world trying to get better ASAP. Thanks to the friends and family that prayed for me while I was very sick.

Four fabulous things came from the FLU:
#1 I realize now that I have the best boss ever! He donated his leave to me so I could still go on vacation with my husband when he gets back.
#2 I lost 5 pounds and I feel fabulous!
#3 It gave me time to figure out the satellite system that was just installed the day I found out I had the flu - perfect timing! God is so good.
#4 I finished reading a book on Mary - my first book of the summer that I read for pure enjoyment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment