Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Deployment is OVER!

So about 8 days ago my husband came home after being gone for 4 1/2 months to Qatar. I anticipated the C130 to break on their way home so I would not be disappointed when they did not make their arrival time...but as the days got closer I hoped he would arrive on Saturday. Well the plane broke, then the plane bringing them the part broke, then another plane broke, and lastly...another plane broke. That is 4 planes - all broken! My little heart was crushed thinking he would not make it back in time to go to the beach for our family vacation. I finally got the call and was so upset that they would not be home until Monday which meant the trip would be canceled. Then a few hours later I got another call - Sunday at 2:30 PM. My heart flip flopped - we would get to go on our family vacation after all.
That morning we woke up and got ready. I made a sign for Bailey to color and cleaned the house to kill time and then finally it was time to leave. I can still see that plane coming through the sky and landing on the run way in front of me. I held Bailey's hand as we watched our "favorite boy" come back into our lives. We were just steps away from being a family again. We watch the men come out one-by-one and then there he was! My eyes watered as I told Bailey "LOOK! It's Daddy!". He finished shaking hands and we walked closer and Bailey took off running. My SIL did a great job capturing the moments that I hoped would happen. It was amazing!
I am very thankful that they came home safely. Thank you to all our friends and family who were there for me and Bailey during our months apart. I appreciate all the prayers for myself and Blake - who knows what those prayers did for us.

1 comment:

  1. I just love those pictures! Get one blown up, they are precious.

    ReplyDelete