Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Valentine Box to Pinata

Bailey's Pink & Purple Princess Birthday party is coming up in 2 weeks so I have been finishing up all the decorations to leave room for working on just the food the week of the party. Also, a big change in plans...it is now a Double Birthday Party for my niece and Bailey. They are both excited to share the party together...but that means doing 2 of everything and extra work, but its for the greatest niece ever so I don't mind at all. I was thinking about putting Bailey's Castle Valentine Box on the gift table and adding Abigail's name for decoration but after thinking about it I decided to turn it into a pinata! I cut out the bottom of the box and hot glued a brown paper sack across the bottom and then added tissue paper in rows of purple and pink. Another great thing about turning it into a pinata is that it gets destroyed and doesn't take up space in my house anymore ;) Plus I needed to give the boys something to do and those sides are still thick cardboard that will take a while to bust open. So for a $1 pack of tissue paper and 20 minutes I have a fabulous pinata for their birthday party in the exact colors I needed.

Before: Castle Valentine Box

After: Princess Bailey & Princess Abigail's Pinata

Linked up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment