Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Projects!

I have not done any projects around the house or bought any new decor items all winter long. The last time I had a social gathering was at Christmas for my Avon Open House. I used to love doing projects and having people over, but being a mom has taken preference over a lot of things especially when I have to do it by myself. So my friend Aca who just got married in November has been talking about all the things she is doing around her new home and yard. It was so nice talking about projects and making things that I was so excited to do things myself. Every weekend I have done something productive around the home and I even had some friends over for dinner one night. The first weekend was the yard (see blog below) then it rained for like 2 strait weeks - it was hard to get out and about and do just about anything with a 2 year old -so I shampooed the carpets and did spring cleaning. The next weekend I re-upholstered my breakfast area chairs. We have a red kitchen with green accents which is connected to our golden yellow living room. I wanted to cover the white chairs with a bright color since the warm colors are starting to bore me. This past weekend I was on a search for a bed side table. Blake and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and we have used a chair as our bedside table to hold our cell phones, remote, and whatever else. I have priced bed side tables and they are quite expensive if you buy only one and I am not going to pay $300 for something to sit my cell phone on at night. So I thought I could find a cute accent table for around $100 and that way it wouldn't have to match perfectly and it would be decorative. I looked at a few websites at work and saw that Target had a few decorative tables so Bailey and I went there Friday night at 8 (yes, past her bedtime). We always go to the cafe first and get a drink and a snack. She got a small sprite with only an inch of liquid in the cup because she still hasn't figured it out that you can not lift the cup up like a sippy cup and some popcorn. We get to the aisle with furniture and there is was - a dark wood with honey accents bed side table AND it was on sale through the weekend for $80 AND it was the last one! I was so excited. I got it home and it literally took about 2 hours to put it together along with Bailey "helping". It looks so good. It is maybe a shade darker, but you would not be able to tell and even the feet match our bedroom furniture. Every time I added on a piece to the table Bailey got excited...she thought I was building a house for her babies. On Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby looking for fabric to make a headboard for the spare bedroom and to make 2 picture collages. I went in and found houndstooth fabric (which matches our football room/office perfectly) and this adorable pink and black fabric for Bailey's room. I bought everything there (boards, quilt stuffing, ribbon, pins for the boards, hanging tape, and fabric) and went home and started my magic. Everything turned out better than I thought it would. I'm so excited! So it was a very successful weekend of shopping and getting things done.



There are no pictures on the boards yet because I am getting them all developed after I get Bailey's 2nd birthday pictures back today! They turned out really good! Thanks to Brittney O! And we do not have bedding for the bed yet...I'm taking sewing classes next month so maybe I will learn to make something.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! I love the picture board for Bailey's room!! :o)

    ReplyDelete