Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

B is for Busy

For the last couple of weeks we have been very busy. After my birthday weekend which was filled with all sorts of activities I planned on going to see my Sister-in-Law and brother down at the beach for memorial day weekend. I had made plans to go there with Bailey a few weeks in advance but since my ENTIRE family had zero plans they crashed in on my plans. It was a lot of fun though - I believe this was the first family vacation I have been on with my brother and sister in over 10 years. Good thing we like hanging out together because it rained a lot so I got zero sun and gained three pounds from over eating. The day we were leaving I got a phone call from the dog sitter - poor Meiko was sick with a stomach bug I guess because he couldn't keep anything in (unfortunately...both ends). Although the weekend was full of dead ends we still had a lot of fun crashing at Lauren and Keith's house for the 3 day weekend.
The next weekend was full of wedding festivities! It's the south and it was HOT! Bailey was a flower girl in my sorority sister's wedding. She was so excited to wear her white princess dress. It was a beautiful wedding and although I personally was not in it I still was involved with the activities - it was fun to be an "insider" and hang with the bridesmaids.


Last weekend I was asked to go to the beach with family but declined because I just wanted to stay home. On Friday I had guitar practice (which by the way I am doing pretty good on...pat on the back!). Bailey and I went shopping for birthday, baby shower, and father's day presents and then rented movies and ate M&M's. On Sunday we went to the pool for three hours - so nice! It was a relaxing weekend of no structure - just doing as we pleased. It's nice to have weekends like that ever so often.
So of course this Saturday is jam packed with an evangelism project, 2 baby showers, and going to see the princesses. Going, going, going! This Sunday is Father's Day and Blake should be getting his package by Friday. I'm really excited about his gift that Bailey got him...pics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment