Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Pantry Checklist

I finally got everything listed in my pantry and freezer written down to make out meals - I knew I had enough things to make a few meals but after seeing it all written down and matched up I had 10 meals with a few being large enough to have left overs (spaghetti, pizza, chicken casserole) so it will be close to 15 meals total without needing to go to the grocery store except for milk, bread, fruit, and maybe one or two things. Some of the meals are simple like soup and sandwiches or chicken fingers with applesauce, but Bailey loves those meals and they are perfect for us two. It is hard to not pull in for fast food on the way doing errands but I've been good about going strait home. It has been especially hard these past two weeks with swim lessons being at night - we haven't been getting home until 6:30 every night (Tues-Friday) so making dinner is a rush.
I have been trying to cut back for a while now, but I get the urge for retail therapy! I am co-hosting a Wine & Appetizer Event at my house this weekend and wanted to spruce up my decorating so last week I went to TJMaxx to look for shams for our new quilt I bought for my birthday but instead walked out with 2 shams, 2 down decorative pillows, and the fanciest pillow I have ever owned. It is so perfect! I wasn't sure of my choices but when I asked a girl (who looked cute) what she thought she informed me she was in interior design school and that she loved it. So I walked out spending way more than I wanted to but the end result was perfection and it looked expensive (meaning I spent 1/3 of what it would have costs at a department store...I love TJMaxx).
Also, my personal photographer, B.O.S., finished our family/Bailey's 3 year old pictures and I am so pleased! I have been looking for art or something to put on my kitchen walls and the colors in the pictures were so bright and fun that they looked great in my newly bright green kitchen. I attached my favorite picture - not to "toot my own horn" but it was my idea and it turned out so good. Thanks again Brittney for doing our pictures - she has done Bailey's pictures every year since she was born and always does a great job.

I still need to re-do the kitchen chairs because they are too "matchy" with the new wall color. I am wanting to do stripes with blues and greens or something like that. Last night I started cleaning at 7:45 PM and did not finish until 11:00 PM - way past my bedtime. My house is so clean! I wish it would stay that way but of course Meiko and his hair will ruin it in 3 days....but I love him :) The good news is I have a very clean house and have the weekend to not do any chores :) :) Double smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment