Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blogger Junkie

Since Blake's deployment I started looking for military wife blogs. There were a few I liked that posted other blogs that posted other blogs....and so on. So lately I have added about 10 new blogs I follow and I love them. I love the blogs about decorating cupcakes, cakes and cookies, throwing parties, tips on ANYTHING... However, as much as I love these blogs it makes me feel like I need to do more. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but you see great ideas and you want to do them but it gets overwhelming. I am a "list maker". I have a book filled with "to do's", "will do's", and "dreams". So when I look through these lists and see nothing checked off it's hard to take on other tasks.



I am on the second week of "One Month to Live" devotional/book and it says to not spend time on areas of your life that are in the "dark" or unimportant to you...like the things you don't tell people about or things that are not healthy I guess. It made me think of things that are in the "dark" and my biggest "dark" place was all the television I watched that became such a time stealer. It has been over a MONTH since I had the cable taken out of my house and I have to admit that first week was hard. I missed relaxing on the couch watching my shows and watching the news while getting ready in the morning and before bed. Now I don't miss it that much. I have found better things to do with my time like signing Bailey up for the summer reading program at the library on base so in our "down time" we read her library books or work on "school" stuff like writing letters and numbers. We don't have time everyday to do this but at least 3 afternoons a week we sit down and work on "school". It has been so nice to not worry about cleaning off my DVR. Also, I have had more time for cleaning the house and events to attend. So now instead of this "dark" place a.k.a. watching 10 shows a week I have this "light" place filled with books, interacting with my child, and more time for meaningful things.



At the end of week one in "One Month to Live" it asks you to make out a dream page with everything you have ever wanted to do. Looking at it every night makes me want to make them a reality and take one of the dreams off that list and put it on the "to do" list for that week. It may be small steps and take some time but it will be worth while in the end.



I've said it before that it makes it easier to do these things because I am able to spend more time on my interests verses caring about what Blake wants to do. I also have more time for Bailey and myself because I don't have to spend time with him, make big dinners, or clean as much (less dishes, less dirty clothes, less dirt traffic, less clutter...). I bought this book months ago but never had time to do it so it is perfect for these months he is away. It encourages me to do new things and be a better person. Some days can take 3 days to complete and then some nights I get in too late to work on it so it will probably take me 2-3 months to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment