Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting the house ready

My chore for the summer given to me by the husband: Get the house ready to sell. We did a lot to it since we moved here 3 years ago- new tile floors in the kitchen and bathrooms and wood floors in the common areas, new oven, painted everything...almost twice, and a few other things like new fans, light fixtures, and new hardware. It's amazing how much we have done and how much more there feels left to do. We need new blinds for the back half of the house, paint work done on cabinets and trim, and the outside needs some loving as well. So yesterday I had my house cleaned - like SPRING CLEANING. All the baseboards, fans, and lovely corners in the window seals. Ahh! It feels good. So now I am ready to start on the projects...mainly calling and getting prices and coordinating being there. Good thing we have a great friend who has a business that can help A LOT. Also, this mean little Bailey's room color has to change because you can't sell a pink room with black stripes...although I would love it if I walked into a house with that. This also means it will not look like a toddler room anymore- sniff, sniff! I love her room - it's my favorite room in the house because it expresses my creativity. One of these days we will get a house where we will stay for 10+ years and I can go crazy. I love turquoise and brown...but I also change my mind A LOT. Maybe it's best to just accessorize in those colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment