Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

11 days down...109 more to go

Busy Dance Week! I was never in dance or an activity at the age of 3. I had a much older sister and brother who were active in things as well as living in Germany at the time (military family). I don't think I cared that my parents didn't put me in classes, but when we moved back to the states I did get into gymnastics and swimming around the age of 8 to 12 years old...then I decided to be a fat kid and watch TV (another reason I got rid of cable this summer). My parents didn't push me to do things so I quit and ate ice cream. Wow...lets get back to the original story...So this was my first time EVER going to a dance recital much less helping with one and being a mom at the same time. We went to the dance rehearsal on Monday and I had the kid who was scared and crying - she did calm down but had to use her tu-tu to wipe the snot dripping from her nose...hysterical.
I couldn't stop laughing and neither could the parents. She did okay but when it came to the second dance she stood there with her bottom lip poked out. So last night we show up early to make sure we are not late (like the night before...oops I wrote the wrong time down). I asked the teacher, "So do we need to all come back here and change their clothes or are certain moms doing that?" the teacher replied, "Oh great! Here you go - this is what you need to do....." FABULOUS! So now I have to run back and forth during the recital and be invisible because I knew Bailey would cry the whole time if she saw me. Well another mom stayed behind stage the entire time so I was able to go back and forth being unnoticed most of the time. Bailey did FABULOUS! I was so proud of her, she didn't cry and did both dances to the best of her ability. She even got a cute little trophy at the end.

As we were leaving and saying our goodbyes to family and friends she was emotional (very tired and hungry) that she cried, "I want my daddy!" and earlier when we were getting ready she said, "I want daddy to see me in my dance dress." Ugg...it was one of those moments where you don't know what to do or say besides "I want daddy to be here too baby." It has been hard on her having him gone again but this time she notices it a lot more that he isn't here. We haven't been able to skype in a few days since his flying schedule has been unpredictable and the time zone change makes it difficult as well. So 11 days down...109 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment