Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Another year older

My birthday was this past weekend...this was the 3rd year in a row Blake has not been here for it. He did get me a Coach coin purse for my birthday before he left so he did good. He also woke up at 4:00 AM in Qatar on my birthday to skype so he could wish me a happy birthday - (awww!!) I went to spend the weekend at my parent's house - although it was only 30 minutes away it was nice to "get away" for the weekend. I planned a yard sale for my mother a month ago and Saturday was the big day so on Friday I was busy putting up signs and pricing all the items with my sister while mom kept finding "junk" throughout the house. I/We had a very successful yard sale of $417.00! They did good and mom let go of her "treasures". Later that morning Bailey and I attended a baby shower and a bridesmaid luncheon for the wedding Bailey will be in next month. Later when I got home my sister-in-law and I went to get baby shower supplies for a shower she was throwing when I remembered seeing a blog on "how to make a diaper cake". So we went and purchased roughly 90 diapers, a bag of rubber bands, and blue "it's a boy" ribbon. We had enough to do a 4 tier cake and it looked great! I think I will make one of these for any baby shower I have to attend from now on. That night me, 2 of my sorority sisters, and my 2 sisters went to dinner at Sa Za's. Their specialty drinks are bad and brace yourself...one of the girls found a fingernail in her pizza the next day! AND while we were there this waitress barely missed our heads and whacked some lady in the head with a plate. So...I don't think I will be going back...we still had a great time and wish we would have found that fingernail while we were there so we could have caused a scene and got our meals for free...but oh well! Thanks to Amanda for making me a birthday cake - my favorite, red velvet! I got some fabulous presents and birthday cash to spend on a shopping trip that is much needed!

1 comment: