Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Priorities

I've started a new devotional that is about making the best out of life - it's a 30 day workbook/devotional. I like the kind you can write in. Each day it asks you to write down your priorities and things you can do that day to make it better. It is challenging because not everyday you have priorities or even time to make it better. Well last night was day 3 I prayed about my priorities, dreams, goals before I started because truthfully I don't know what they are anymore. I used to have lists and lists but some things just aren't as important as they once were to me. So it came to the part where you list your priorities and the one thing I know is my priority is Bailey. And pretty much all the bullets after that were ways to spend time together and improve our relationship. One of the things I said I wanted to do this summer is work on "school" with her. I bought a workbook a few months ago that has tear out pages to work on numbers, colors, shapes, and letters. We did a few pages when I first got it but I didn't stick with it. So as I was running an errand for work I stopped in the dollar tree for some poster board that I needed for a yard sale this Saturday at my parent's house. I walked out with 24 darn things! Can you tell I haven't been shopping?! I got an itch! Well I went down the school isle and found all sorts of stickers and workbooks in her favorite characters. I bought a letters and numbers book, princess stickers, tinker belle crayons, and a few other little gifts for rewards. I never would have gone in there but I had to go by the office store which was next door - I think it was meant to be. So now I am really excited about getting on a schedule in the afternoons about 30 minutes to an hour working on "school". I already bought flash cards with characters on them a few weeks ago and she likes going through them so I think she will really like this one-on-one time learning new things. I also want to do crafts with her - something I used to not do because of the mess, but messes can be wiped up and I don't have to be OCD about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment