Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 10 of Being Frugal

Well I am pretty proud of myself. The only thing I have spent money on the past 10 days were necessities (food, baby shower gifts to make, gas, and Bailey got a princess toothbrush and princess toothpaste, around $10 on entertainment). Also we have survived 6 days of no cable! I did rent a couple of movies this weekend - I haven't done that in months! There were a bunch of chick flicks I have been wanting to see, but Blake hates chick flicks so we always rent action films (happy medium). Another thing I have been looking into is free events for Bailey and I to attend. This past Saturday we went to a local restaurant that had princesses there from 2-4. Bailey dressed up as Belle and we went with a few little friends (I mean...Snow White and 2 Ariel's) from our Sunday School class. She had a great time but toward the end she was really tired and ready to go. I think I paid $12 for our meal that I got "to-go" for dinner that night since it was at an awkward time. We have a busy two days ahead of us - dance rehearsal and dance recital. I'm excited to see her perform and hope she doesn't just stand there or worse - cry! I wish Blake could be here and I know she wants him to see her dance.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you both!!! Bailey is so cute in these pics :) I don't know if you know or not, but Jalapenos has different themed nights. I think Monday nights are kids eat free and they have the balloon man and a few charaters there. Check it out, I think you and Bailey would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have gone to see Dora - she looks like she is eating the child's face when she hugs them...so funny. They are having the princesses there in June sometime - I have it marked down in my calendar to go.

    ReplyDelete