Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Church

Blake and I joined a new church back in March because at our last church the Sunday School teachers moved and our class was told to blend in with other classes and well....we just didn't "blend" in with another group. It was a hard decision because we made so many great friendships but we couldn't stay just for social reasons. In April we went on a few trips before Blake's deployment so he didn't get to meet everyone in the new class or at least get to know everyone enough to remember names. So for the past few months I have been attending without him and the class has been so sweet - they don't really even know my husband that well and yet they ask about him all the time. I prayed a long time about the decision to move churches because it isn't a small decision when you consider church as part of your family, but I know that it was the right path for us. Just this week I was invited to dinner by a family in our class that switched their schedules around just so I could have dinner with them. I'm used to being the one that changes everything so having someone change for me was very generous. They also gave Bailey a strawberry shortcake bicycle with training wheels and she loves it - if it wasn't so darn hot outside we might try riding it ;) And last night I met the ladies for dinner at and although it took driving everywhere to be there I'm so glad I went because I got to know 4 women (we were on the corner) so much better.
Blake and I could have "made it work" at the other church but instead we went where God was leading us although it meant leaving the familiar and seeing our fabulous friends each Sunday but it has challenged us and has made my faith grow to heights it hasn't been before. I can't wait for Blake to come home so he can be just as excited as I am to get to know these people better and see where God takes us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment