Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doctors & More Doctors

Things could be worse...It's just another bump in the road. It seems that every time I go to the doctor something bizarre is wrong. Why can't my body just be normal? First it was the jacked up pregnancy that turned into asthma with heart palpitations that turned into hypo-thyroidism that turned into kidney stones with cysts and now I go for my blood work check up to find out I have borderline high cholesterol with a genetic disorder. I'm only 25! Which now seems so young because when I turned 25 all I could think was "What have I done in the past 3 years?!?" Why is my body breaking down?! It's so scary to go to the doctor anymore because there is always something wrong with me to add to the list. Like I have time to go to all these doctor appointments between working and taking care of Bailey and Meiko. Ugg....it's been two weeks since I found out so I'm fine with it (after googling my heart out about it). I have my referral paperwork coming "in the mail" so it will probably be another month before I actually get an appointment with a hematologist. I know it could be worse but it seems every time I face another long road Blake is either at basic training, tech school or deployed. I try to look at the good in everything and I know God will not give me more than I can handle which obviously he thinks I can handle a lot - which makes me feel confident that I am walking in the right direction. So that's my "feel sorry for me" blog post...hopefully it will be my last!

2 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I pray it is something a new diet plan or food list could take care of. Let us know if you need help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    I'm sorry to hear this! Please don't google! I will tell you as a medical person doctors hate when patients google! Only go to the nih (National Institute of Health) website for info! I think you are doing a great job working full-time, taking care of Bailey, your doggy, and yourself! I hope things settle down for you. Keep us posted. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete