Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Shopping Trip

Me and my shopping gal Robyn planned to do a full out shopping day in Birmingham over two months ago and this past Saturday we kept our date. We started at Old Time Pottery then Home Goods and then the Galleria. We got some fabulous deals and purchased some awesome pieces for the fall. We went into Delia to check it out - I think I haven't shopped there in 10 years. They said if you just try on a pair of jeans you will get $10 off your purchase. Robyn found a shirt she wanted so we both tried on the jeans for fun - after the 8th pair I finally broke down and bought some "skinny" jeans for my very un-skinny legs and "ghetto" booty. I try to hide my backside as much as I can in clothes because I feel like it just gives the wrong impression - "HEY!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'm HUGE!!!" When I put them on and looked in the mirror I thought, "Wow! You look like you are in Jr. High trying to get the boys attention." If I would have worn those jeans in Jr. High and had the body I have now...well, I wouldn't have had to worry about finding a date to the dance. So after much stretching and lunges in the dressing room I decided I "needed" them for the fall to wear with my boots. I will probably only wear them with long shirts unless I am out with my husband because I don't mean to set off mixed signals. OTP had some awesome stuff from Belk - I bought a pretty blue stoneware casserole dish for $9, a matching platter for $4 - I bought the green one from Belk last Christmas and paid $20 on sale and they had them for $4! I was so excited. They also had canister sets in the same colors for $15! Holy Moly! I was excited! We scored a few more good deals there then headed out to Home Goods - they had such fabulous things but nothing I "needed". We probably went into 30+ stores at the Galleria but didn't even touch the big box stores since we have those back home.


Bailey's Backpack for Pre-K. I had the lunchbox already and it fit perfectly in the holder.

We shopped non-stop for 7 hours excluding the two bathroom breaks and driving between stores...all-in-all it was a very successful shopping trip. I love shopping with Robyn because we do not hold each other back and get what we are going for. Dream Job: Personal Shopper & Party Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment