Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rush Weekend DONE!

This past weekend was recruitment weekend so I was at the school from 2:00 PM Friday - 9:30 PM Sunday (sleeping and showering at home). This year I was more involved with the decorations and themes because I wanted "perfection" and "perfection" was how it looked...at least to me. I love decorating and throwing parties so it was fun to come up with ideas over the summer and then see your images come to life. It was a very successful weekend with a few kinks and a few outbursts....but all in all they made quota plus one!

Bailey spent the night off on Friday and I picked her up on Saturday night. She came with me on Sunday and we just walked around campus during the parties so we did not disturb them - it was fun to have her there. She calls it the "ZTA School". She is such a wonderful child - I am truly blessed. She even helped taking down decorations. We went to the bid party together and she just sat with the girls like she knew she belonged there - she loves the girls and said "bye Zeta" to them when we left for the night. Being an advisor takes up a lot of time as well as money but when you see how happy the girls are after a successful recruitment it makes it worth it :) Also knowing that you are helping to preserve your chapter that molded you into the person you are - you want that for other women, you want them to experience the sisterhood and joys that Zeta Tau Alpha brought you.

A few shout outs: Thanks to the fabulous ZTA T.L.C. "Shawna, Shayna, Miss TLC...whatever name I gave you over the weekend", GA Viv, Amanda, Karen, CJ, and Becca for helping to make this a successful recruitment and to the fabulous ladies of Theta Nu - especially Kayla.
It was truly fun to get to know all the girls a little better and now I believe I remember most of your names. Also to the women who brought me diet cokes and chocolate - you're my heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment