Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Weekly FUN

Well last night I finally got around to washing the massive pots I used to make a spaghetti dinner for my Bunco group of 12 women that was uhh...LAST THURSDAY! From my last post you can see I was quite busy this past weekend. I figured I should have one room of the house looking decent before Robyn came over for CRAFT NIGHT Tuesdays! So this week we worked on learning how to applique. To prepare I watched a couple of Youtube videos, read a few blog post on how easy it is, and then read the manual that came with my sewing machine so I felt like I could do it. At first I felt brave enough to do an elephant but decided that something smaller may be more appropriate for the first time...I made a "b" to go on a dress I already made for Bailey a while ago. Gosh those curves are harder than I thought but in the end...fabulous and fancy! I am so excited to finally know how to applique! Robyn and I started coming up with all sorts of ideas after our first attempt was successful. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to get the item from fabric to applique once you figure it out so I excited about my new learned skills!

Also I FINALLY got someone to come and give me a new estimate for the house work and painting inside and outside. I also picked out colors so hopefully I will have it all done before Blake comes home in OMG...3 weeks (reminder: better give that guy a call ASAP). The YMCA was a super move on my/our part - I just love it and the daycare. I joined a Bible study on Wednesdays which means guitar lessons are moved to Thursdays. And I think we are going to try out a different library this Friday to see which one we like the best around town (The downtown library had a very small selection of children DVD's to watch.)

We have our Sunday School yard sale this Saturday as well as a fabulous birthday party to attend for twin 5 year olds little girls, but after that it is fun in the sun and time to get my tan on...it is way overdue! I am turning pasty being so busy lately. My plans for Sunday: church and sun! Dear Lord, Please Please Please let the sun shine this weekend so I can be bronze again! Thank you, Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment