Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another BIG Change in Plans

This year was going to be a big year of change for us because Blake was hopefully (finally) going to the pilot board, but as of last week we were told it would not be until November...putting it off 8 months from the original date. But before we knew it was going to be put off that length of time we decided to "give-it-a-go" in the baby making department and we were very successful. I had my first ultrasound yesterday and I am very pleased to say that there is just 1 healthy baby...no more than that...I just look like I'm 20 weeks instead of 11. We were planning on putting the house up for sale in July when we found out about his school but now...we just wait. I had plans of not returning to work until we moved to Texas, but now that won't do. Bailey's school is changing up as well so we are looking into other Pre-K programs for next year (just in case...but the way things are going lately...) and a new summer daycare since Blake will not be on orders she can not go on base like we planned. Blake has to find a new job during this waiting process but he can't do that until he finishes 15 more hours out of 40 to complete his pilot hours...which can take over a month to do as...meaning more $$ going out then coming in. It's also hard to apply when he has a 2 week flight scheduled at the end of May, but It's $$ and a trip vacation to Purto Rico so there are no complaints.  Since we were planning on moving before or soon after the baby arrived we were not going to do a nursery; now that we are going to be here longer there isn't room for a baby and a craft room/putting green in my house so Blake and I are giving up our shared room to make room for blues and greens?? (We are hoping for a boy!) So yes there is lots of change and my favorite even worse ...lots of waiting but God knows the big picture so I will just keep trusting him. It will work out better than I imagined if I don't mess up God's plans and try to make it mine so in the mean time I will be cleaning out my craft room and selling a few things I don't "need" to pay for baby furniture. It was a lot to take in and I was feeling stressed out about some all of the things, but mostly I was stressed thinking about the baby and would it be like last time and after the great check-up and seeing that he/she is fine I feel so much better and can finally start being excited and just laugh at all the change in plans, because nothing is in my control :)

I took Bailey this past Saturday to get her 4 year old pictures done and these turned out so cute. She has been very helpful now that I can't do everything I used to. Such a sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. I was on my phone earlier and tried to comment, not sure if it went through. SOOOO excited for yall! Bailey is one of the sweetest little girls we know, and I can't wait to meet another little blondie! Hope you are feeling well, and when I come to Montgomery I can give you some clothes I have already, ahem, grown OUT of. :)

    ReplyDelete