Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kilts

I am back on the sewing wagon and enjoying it again so when asked a few weeks ago if I could make a kilt I said, "Sure, if I had a pattern that was easy to follow and materials." I didn't mind because I had time to work on it while Blake was gone for 2 weeks traveling for work. Plus, I am saving up for baby furniture so it worked out great. They are costumes for the Warrior Run in Tennessee. I had never heard of it but it is a run through obstacles and mud while wearing costumes. I didn't make them with a slit in the front since they are running in them but I put plenty of pleats in the front to give the look of a slit. They asked for a drawstring as well for when it gets wet and there is an elastic waistband.

Working on all four at the same time made it easier. I would get the basic shape of the kilt and sit on the couch watching TV while cutting the ends all the way around and pinning the 1 1/2 inch pleats.


Linked to:

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I made my nephew a kilt about 10 yrs ago. He wanted an authentic one, but he didn't know didn't hurt him. I did end up going through 3 needles sewing it. I sent it for Xmas and he wore it to high school. He was promptly suspended...LOL! To this day he says it was worth it. Strange children in my family...LOL! I really like yours and if it helped with baby furniture, so much the better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete