Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby to Toddler

Bailey is 2 years and 4 months only and the toil decor for her baby room is not working anymore. I got rid of everything piece by piece as she grew out of it and now the only thing left is the curtains. Her room colors are pink and black which all started from a lamp I found at Ross when I was 6 months pregnant. We were going to put a black chair rail in her room and paint the trim in black but to save on costs we taped two stripes around the room which turned out even cuter! I know we want to put black long curtains in her room to block the sun, but I didn't want all black...so I am going to make zebra print curtains! I already have it all planned out and my parents bought me this adorable white shelf with hooks on the bottom in white but I haven't used it yet because white wasn't the main color. I start my sewing classes September 10th (6 week course) but I may get around to making them before with the instruction manual. When I was growing up my mom didn't do a lot of decorating like painting the walls or hanging a lot of pictures because she didn't know how long we would live in the house (military) - so growing up whatever house we moved into was the color of my room and it stayed that way. I had a yellow room with blue blinds from 1st grade - 5th grade and I HATED it. My sister had a pink room and when she started college I moved in there and was pleased for the most part. Anyway, ever since I was pregnant I have vowed to keep Bailey's room as cute as possible and when she gets older I will change it to what she likes...and something I approve of...after all I will be the one paying for it. I will post pictures as soon as I get around to changing her room from baby to toddler.

This past weekend one of my sorority sisters saw Bailey and said, "She is getting so big, she isn't a baby anymore." I replied, "Yes she is a baby!" For those who don't know...Blake and I are probably only going to have one child due to my health after having her so Bailey will ALWAYS be my baby.

3 comments:

  1. Thats exciting!! I can't wait to see pics!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mama Brittany. I really enjoy reading your blog updates.

    Zlam,
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...I try. Having a girl is fun!

    ReplyDelete