Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cake for Work

I know looking at this picture it doesn't look special but it took FOREVER to make. It is 2 sheet cakes stacked on top of each other along with filling in the middle about 1 inch thick. I used around 8 cups of decorating icing to make this cake and it ALMOST was not enough. It took around 6 cups to do the white cream cheese on the bottom and top layers and around 2 cups for the blue/green icing to do the bottom border and lettering. I was going to be really fancy and put the logo on the top but after I spent hours on it I did not want to spend another hour figuring out how to portion everything and make it look good. I also wanted to do a border on top but I ran out of icing. I was really proud of myself because I made it look so white and very smooth plus it did taste really good. I made this for our work party - it gave me a reason to practice. Anytime I find a reason to bring a cake I get excited so that I can try to do something new. I bought Wilton's Course 2 book this week so I will start trying all the new stuff from that book too. My next step is practicing with chocolate icing and making it taste out of this world. Wow I sound like a fatty! Blake said, "This isn't such a good hobby for someone trying to loose weight." ha! ha! I know...it really isn't, but I don't care much about the cake...I do test the icing quite a bit which probably isn't good on the thighs...but I only do it once a week and this week we didn't practice because of our schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment