Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bailey's Gymnastics Room

Well we finally had the carpet installed and the room is completed! It turned out really cute. We decided to put a TV in her room since she loves to watch her "mobies" or have it on in the background while playing. It has a dvd player attached to it and it was just sitting in the office so we figured it would get more use in her room and she practically knows how to operate it. I feel so blessed to be able to give her a room she truly loves - it was a lot of work on Blake's part and mine but to see her face light up when she saw all the details and things she loves in one room was worth it. Although when we asked her what her favorite part of the room was she said, "my toys!" Not the new bedding, new pillows, the TV, the cute knobs on her dresser, her toy bucket, her ballet barre, balance beam, her name on the wall, the ballet dancer on the wall, the hanging flowers...nope, she liked her toys the best and she didn't get any new toys so she liked what she already had the best. Oh well!

I was trying to think of ways to make it more about gymnastics than a dance theme. I found a few really cute rugs or thought about the puzzle tiles but since her room is carpet I knew they would come apart so after much looking I found a reasonable priced gymnastics mat! She loves it and now I have a great spot to do my ab workouts :)

These are the flowers I worked forever on. I found the idea from a blogger who posted the Martha Stuart pom pom kits and how easy they are to make. The balance beam was a yard sale find from a friend. I didn't know what we would do with it but I figured it would come handy in the future :) It was a maroon color so I covered it in pink felt and Blake pained the wood black to match the furniture.

She loves it!

I put the flowers in the two opposite corners of the room. We put the TV on her toy bench instead of the dresser since she likes it more eye level.
Bailey helped me paint these knobs. They are her favorite colors: pink and purple. We did them in 2 shades of each and did a flower pattern and polka dots on them.

I saw these done at craft fairs last year but people are charging $30 for these! I made this for about $5. Yes it took some time but it turned out so cute and matches her room perfectly. It was suppose to be a hair bow holder but it is so cute that I didn't want to clutter it with hair bows.
This is her new bedding that I found at BB&B. It has pink and purple flowers and it looks great with her black furniture. It is a bit "grown up" looking but it is so pretty! The picture above was actually my idea...didn't steal this one :) I wanted to do a gymnastics picture and could not find anything that would work for her room...oops I did steal the saying "Gymnast in Training". I also wanted to add a little Zeta in the mix so I put the fabulous 5 point crown on the tu-tu.

So I had envisioned the room to look just like this but with a free standing ballet barre made out of PVC pipe when my fabulous husband said he could mount the bar from her crib on the wall! Isn't he the best daddy! It looks so good with the bar mounted! We did end up destroying her "baby to toddler to adult" crib because he sawed down the headboard to fit a twin and then used the foot board pole to make the ballet barre...oh well I probably would have wanted a different crib for the next child anyway...that is if there will ever be another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment