Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fancy Nancy Costume

So at first Bailey was going to be a precious pink ballerina/butterfly princess. We found these fabulous accessories at the Carter's Outlet on vacation about 2 months ago and they would be perfect for playing dress up later so we got them. I knew they would look really cute on her but didn't have a real theme going on until her school sent home a flier about story book characters. She needed to be a story book character for her school's story book performance and since we already purchased those accessories I was trying to think of someone that wore all those things....FANCY NANCY! We check her books out all the time at the Library so she loved the idea of being Fancy Nancy for Halloween....plus it makes me look creative and SAHMish (snaps for me!). A couple of weeks ago while we were at Target (eating our $1.50 combo of popcorn and diet coke while perusing the $1 section) I found FANCY NANCY socks! And guess what she was wearing...go ahead guess...a crown, a wand, a tu-tu, and BUTTERFLY WINGS! I could not believe it! The whole costume came together with a $1 find.

2 comments:

  1. I love it Brittany! I had never heard of Fancy Nancy until Aric's mom got Savannah a Fancy Nancy's book on Valentine's Day last year and I fell in love. It is the sweetest book.
    Great costume idea and Bailey looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her books probably more than Bailey. She is just so cute and I love the pictures and fancy words. We have the valentines day book checked out right now...that one is really cute.

    ReplyDelete