Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learning to Embroider

Written Last Week:
I have so much I really want to do but I feel kind of out of it these days. I get home from work and I feel obligated to work out, prepare a meal, and have one-on-one time with my family. Where does this leave time for extras?! I can not wait for winter to be over - I hate being inside all the time and I get sleepy around 8:00 PM because it gets so dark by 6:00 PM.

This Week:
A few months ago I purchased an embroidery machine for my Christmas gift. I told my craft buddy/sorority sister about it and she purchased the same one so that we could help each other. Well I have another good friend that picked up on embroidery from a mutual friend and we met up with her last night to figure it out. It's hard to describe how last night went...I was overwhelmed, partially stressed and felt defeated. It took 2 hours to make a tad bit on the ugly side "B". I thought we would be cranking out projects. I brought over 4 shirts to do and left with a scrap of fabric with a cursive "B" on it. BUT I didn't let it get me down. I went home and finished the pillows that someone ordered and they came out great! So I believe I am getting a pep in my step and ready to get back on the crafting schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment