Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Playhouse and Pillows

I finally got around to making Bailey this table top playhouse. I had over 3 yards of felt leftover from resurfacing her balance beam and could not figure out what to make besides a couple of flowers to go on headbands so when I saw a few of these pop up over blog world I decided to give it a whirl. It was actually super easy to make the basic model. I think I made the door too wide and may change it, but I wanted to get it down for Bailey to play with it. I want to add windows to the sides with curtains and maybe add a few other things. There are endless possibilities with these cute houses. I looked on an etsy site and she charges $250 for these! Yes they have flowers and lots of cute additions to the sides and the door is more fancier, but it literally took me an hour to do this and probably 5 more to finish with the extras but I was pleased with my project and Bailey was to!



I made these pillows for my boss out of the bed skirt that came with the bedding his wife purchased. They needed more pillows but couldn't find any to match and were not using the bed skirt so I made 3 large pillows and still had enough fabric left over to make 2 more if needed. I bought a simplicity pattern for $1 to make the roll pillow since I had not made one before...good thing I did because the circles are huge and I would have low balled the sides without a pattern. They turned out good and hopefully his wife will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment