Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bed Rest on July 4th Weekend

I had the worst feeling this past Thursday while watching Transformers 3 at the movies with Blake but thought it was just pains from being uncomfortable. The last hour of the movie (3 hours with commercials) I was having contractions. I knew the pains were long and sharp but they went away. After the movie was over I went to stand up and realized quickly that I couldn't. I couldn't because my stomach felt like it would burst and my body felt cinched together - there was no way to stand up. So I sat there and tried to breath and relax - I tried to recline in the chair as far back as I could go and after 5 minutes or so I was able to slowly stand up. It hurt so bad, but I tried not to panic. I went to the bathroom to make sure everything was okay and it was so we went home and read about contractions at 23 weeks. It is not uncommon and that dehydration is the main reason...light bulb! I had been sick most of Wednesday and Thursday and was not able to keep anything down besides my trusty staple: dr. pepper. So the rest of my four day weekend was spent on bed rest. We did leave the house a few times but other than that I stayed off my feet and rested. Cramping lasted for a few more days but no more sharp pains/contractions after Thursday. Thank the Lord. I drank as much water as I could over the weekend and had my regular appointment on Tuesday - everything is doing good and he is measuring right on time.

I realize after this happened that I do too much that week, but it's not because of procrastinating - everything I have to do always seems to be on the same day or back-to-back. I don't schedule it to be insane...it just happens. This week I have done my best to do one thing after work to prepare for the chaos this weekend :) I'd mention all the things but if my mother reads this she would flip out that I've over scheduled myself AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment