Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer of Cupcakes #3

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes! I am not one to love white cake but this white cake was Delicious! Although not as good the next day... I need to find a better way to store them. Anyway, it called for almond extract in the cake but I wish I would have used key lime extract or juice because almond and key lime do not exactly go together. Sorry I forgot to take a picture!! It was a white cake with the center removed and filled with Key Lime "stuff" and a homemade whipped topping. The batch made 24 big ones! So I took them to two different events that were back-to-back. For the second event I realized I did not have enough whipped topping and I had a lot of the Key Lime "stuff" left over so I combined them and Blake said they were much better that way and tasted more "key limish". He even said he would pay $2 a cupcake for them which is saying a lot. So another cupcake scratched off the list for The Summer of Cupcakes! Next up: Chocolate-Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking I would totally love to be your official taste tester or at least an alternate when Blake is unavailable :) They all sound yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete