Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday 2010

This year I have already purchased/made everyones gift by mid November so I didn't NEED to go shopping for Black Friday. In fact I was making up stuff I needed just to go. I took a few orders from friends and family and met my sister in Prattville at 4:45 AM meaning I got up at 3:30 AM to be there on time. It's family tradition to us to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving and so I have to go with family. My dad and family started this about 12+ years ago! It's crazy to think we have been doing it that long. We are usually in Georgia with the entire Whitehead side but this year my little family stayed home to be with my husband's family.

We get to Wal-Mart and find out people have been there since 10 PM the night before for the TV's and Laptops! That is crazy yet awesome to me. I would do it if I had like 3 girlfriends with me...just stay up all night leaning against the cereal talking about everything. However I still got what I was going for...Shark Steam Mop! WOW! I used it last night and it made mopping fun! Who knew?! Plus my floors sparkle and it requires no chemicals! Good Buy Swifter wet jet...you have been replaced. I also got Bailey some new pajamas $4 for the set! Pretty awesome deal. Also I got a candle set for $5! They smell Amazing.

Next on to Office Depot for ???? I have to keep it a secret. They did not open until 6 and my sister had to get that item and she was only about the 15th person in line. I did not want to wait and miss out on my Target deals so I went solo. Target is such a big store to conquer by your lonesome but I was on my way. I wanted the 3 sets of the 700 count sheets, the 7 princess doll set, binoculars, Tom Tom, 32" TV, Princess Game, Whack-A-Mole Game, Chenille blanket, and some $1.99 movies. Well they were sold out of the king size sheets so I could only get 1 set of queens for us, I got the princess set, and both games...everything else was sold out! I looked everywhere and couldn't find the stuff! On a side note - the Prattville Target has the sweetest people ever working there! I must have had 7 people help me find things...most of which were sold out. They were so nice to have been up all night long and there was no wait in the lines. Now I know I have to go to Target close to the opening of time or they will be sold out - I got there at 5:30 and they opened at 4:00.

Next I went and picked up my sister - good news she got her item! Woo hoo! Then we went to Belk and JCPenny for some major steals! My sister went home and then I met up with two great friends for breakfast to recoup and head out again! I went to Shoestation, Bath & Body Works, Hobby Lobby, and Joanns. I made it home around 11:00 AM in time for lunch. The next day I went back to Target and used my $10 gift card they gave me the day before to purchase the chenille blanket I couldn't find on Friday. It was another successful Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment