Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun

The week before Halloween we went to Eastchase for their trick-or-treating event with some other little girls from church that are Bailey's age. She loved going from store to store with them.On Thursday, Bailey's class had a story book fashion show. Bailey was Fancy Nancy and did a fabulous job with her one line, "I'm Fancy Nancy." I was so proud...my little drama star ;) I forgot to get the camera battery from the charger...so the pictures from my phone will have to do.

On Friday, Bailey's school had a fall festival so she wore her lady bug costume from last year. After school I had to run some errands on base and when we went to the hospital to pick up my prescriptions they were having a trick-or-treating event inside with about 12 tables all decorated in fun themes representing the different offices in the hospital. So we went back out the car and put on her lady bug costume - they even took her picture and gave us a copy.

On Saturday, Bailey and I went to my parent's neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. She had already collected a large bucket full of candy so we gave that to my parents to pass out to the trick-or-treaters. This was Bailey's first time trick-or-treating so she was excited. We left Meiko with my dad but every time the doorbell rang he ran outside and scared the kids so he went with us from door to door in his blow fish costume.
On Sunday, Blake got back from his flight so he was able to go to our church's trunk-or-treat event. We met up with some of our Sunday School class' girls that are Bailey's age. She loves being with them - although she is 1-2 years younger then them all she is the same height and weight so she fits in :) She decided she wanted to be a lady bug since she was Fancy Nancy all day Friday. After she jumped on the "blow up jumpy things" and got enough candy we went to Blake's parents neighborhood. After eating dinner Bailey said, "trick-or-treating would make me tired and I have enough candy. I will just stay here." So she helped pass out some candy and played with Barbies in her lady bug costume.

Update: It's been two weeks after halloween and we have thrown away the rest of the candy...she would ask for a piece when she woke up, after every meal, for a snack...any reason at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment