Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cupcake #1 of the Summer

You know I thought making everything from scratch would take longer but it really doesn't and it does taste different...in a good way. I made a mistake by not buying the right flour but I went with what I had and they still turned out great...a little lighter than I am used to but still really good. My taste tester group said they were "really good" so if I actually used the right flour (smack on the head!) they could have been better than "really good" (the goal is: "Best I've Ever Had"). I made traditional birthday cupcakes with a butter cake and chocolate frosting. The recipe said it would make 24 but it only made 15! Which is fine with me since I only needed 10. Some of them were really big so I could have stretched it to 18, but not 24. Also, I love, love, love frosting and used almost all of it so I would definitely have to double the recipe for a bigger party. We had our luncheon at a mexican restaurant so I captured some tortilla chips in the background. Zeta Tau Alpha is all about pink ribbons for breast cancer, strawberries, and crowns ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment