Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dog for Sale...nevermind...He's FREE!!

So this week has been an adjustment - Daylight Savings Time. I have not woken up once this week early enough to work out before getting ready for work. I hit snooze a few times and when I finally get up it's a rush to get ready. Well this morning as I was putting on makeup I called for Meiko to come back inside after he had been outside for 5 minutes, but he didn't come back. Well finally he comes back inside after 10 minutes of roaming around (we don't have a fence...he comes back when he feels like it). I had a funny feeling that he was getting into something since he didn't come back when I called. I looked down and he was covered in dirt and smelly dark stuff (yes, dog poop). This will be his second bath this week. I threw him in the shower and sprayed him down - thank goodness we have one of those removable shower heads. It's moments like this when I wonder why we have pets - they are supposed to bring joy and relieve stress from your life. Instead they cost you money, add extra chores, and make you late for work. By the time I get home I will have forgotten all about this smelly incident unless he decided to tare something up and then all those feelings will come back plus more. But then he will look up at me with those sweet puppy dog eyes for forgiveness and I will say "it's okay buddy". Plus deep down I know Bailey will do something to him that he does not deserve like chasing him with the broom, throwing his ball in her crib so he can not reach it, or my favorite: sitting on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment