Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Zeta Day

Much of you know that I was in a sorority in college and I am now an advisor as well as the historian for the Montgomery Alumnae group...anyway, we have this regional conference day once a year for all the ZTA's in Alabama and Mississippi to get together for a fun day. This year was in Tuscaloosa. It also happened to be the worst weekend of weather for Alabama 70's on Thursday, Tornadoes on Friday and Saturday, and Snow on Sunday. Anyway the drive was tense but alas we made it. So me, Amanda, and Brittney were the alumnae from our Montgomery chapter that went - we all are advisers of our collegiate chapter as well, so we were there for two purposes. Scene: there are I guess 1,000 people with tables all over and like 4 tables in front reserved for alumnae. So here we are sitting at the front table at the end of the conference and they are handing out the BIG awards. The last award was being presented - both alumni chapters and collegiate could win this - so the odds are very slim in getting this.
Presenter: This is an alumni chapter that I have visited.
Me (in my head): Oh, well she has come to visit us.
Presenter: They have grown their chapter by 10% and more.
Me (in my head): Oh, well we have grown a lot this past year.
Presenter: This chapter has a website and they are the only ones in their region with one.
Me (out loud): OMG! I made a website!!! - Amanda and I look at each other like - NO it couldn't be!
Presenter: This chapter has made pamphlets to pass out
Me (out loud): MONICA MADE PAMPHLETS!!! - Amanda tells me to calm down
Presenter: The Montgomery Alumnae chapter!

I was so excited I had the shakes! It was like I was back in college and winning the award as a collegiate. We were so shocked and we all three went up and had our pictures taken and we got to take home this gigantic silver plate and certificate. It was just so funny to us because we never expected to win anything. Moments like that will stay with you forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am soo proud! I bet that was so exciting! :o) I hate I missed it.

    ReplyDelete