Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow in Alabama

I woke up Sunday morning, March 1st, to let Meiko out and there was snow all over the ground and house. It was still falling pretty hard so when Bailey woke up we all went outside to see what the white stuff was. This was Bailey and Meiko's first time seeing snow. Bailey loves Frosty the Snowman so I told her that's what was falling from the sky. I then made 3 tiny snowmen - Daddy, Mama, and Bailey. The second picture is her being upset at Meiko for touching the "Bailey" snowman. She loved them, but it was too cold for me to be outside so that was the end of our snow experience. About 2 hours later I was driving to church and the snow continued to fall...it was so beautiful! It was so weird to get out of the car and have snowflakes land on you. After church a group of us went to eat and we all were still shocked that the snow was still falling and watched it through the big windows while we ate. This is the most snow I have seen in a LONG time. The last time it snowed a lot that I can remember was in 1996. The snow was so deep our shoes and socks got soaked. We took cookie sheets and slid down the big hill across the street with all the neighborhood kids...It's Alabama - no one had sleds so we had to improvise.

No comments:

Post a Comment