Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Living up to Expectations

I am turning 24 this year and Blake is turning the Big 2-5. When I was 21 I pictured my life at 24 to be something completely different. I see friends/acquaintances excel in things and think - Why is that not happening to me?! I truly am completely happy for them, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering what did I do wrong? I joined every club imaginable in High School and in college I did the same thing if not more. I held an office in my sorority every year and I was in 4 or 5 other clubs/organizations - part of it was about happiness, but the other part was about net working and putting it on my resume to show leadership, time management, and organization. I would give campus tours and get up early on Saturdays to be a Peer Leader; I took minutes for the Economics club meetings and sold doughnuts in the freezing cold; I paid for sorority dues with my credit card when I could not afford it!!!

Last night in my Wednesday night class at church - She said we need to keep our eyes focused on God and everything else will happen the way it should. So I know the answer, but what's hard to understand is - Do I just sit here and do nothing? or Is someone going to come knock on my door and hand me _____ or am I still supposed to be killing myself trying to find it/answers? I'm just so frustrated because in my book I did and keep doing everything right.

She also said that being in your 20's and 30's you constantly feel like there is more to do - which is exactly how I feel. It's just hard when things go unchanged for so long and you begin to wonder - is this it? Is this how it is going to be for the rest of my life? Thank goodness for Bailey because with a toddler running around she turns an ordinary day into something exciting and new.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel this EXACT way....especially since all this has happened with me recently. But because it has happened, I just sit back, do my thing and let God work through me and bless me for the good work I am doing. I totally feel your frustration. Just keep your focus on God, do what He has planned for your life and take each day at a time and your life will be abundant! :o) I lvoe you Brittany! BTW..Reagan's baby dediction is March 29th!! :o)

    ReplyDelete