Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Little Bailey

So I thought Bailey was going to be doing half days this week in her new classroom - 2 year olds. She had actually been doing it all last week and today was her first full day. She towers over the kids in her old class but not in this new one. She looked so small. I think it is because the other children are at least 2 1/2 and Bailey is turning two on the 28th. It reminded me of the 5th grade - my first year at a public school. I walked into the classroom and walked right back out to my mom. I told my mom there was no way those kids were in the 5th grade and that we had the wrong class. The teacher came outside and said that we were in the right place. I couldn't believe how small I felt and poor little Bailey was now dealing with it. The teachers were really friendly and the new classroom has a big fort inside so I know she will love it. They only drink out of cups so no more drinks with lids and straws for her...oh the mess! Better them then me! She is also going to see that most of the kids in her class are potty trained or are working on it so she will become familiar with that and hopefully catch on quickly! I spend about $60 a month on diapers so it will be nice to save more money. Her grandmother filled her stocking with Dora the Explorer underwear and training pants so we are ready. Her potty chair is pink with a soft cushion and she has used it once while waiting on her bath to fill up. Her old teachers said they are going to check on her throughout the day to make sure she is doing okay. They said she did great last week on her half days so that is good. It will be an adjustment!

No comments:

Post a Comment