Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beach Trip

Bailey and I just got back yesterday from Panama City with Blake's family. We stayed at a really nice condo/resort on the beach and only a block from Pier Park which had places to eat and shop. It was a good choice because the weather in Destin and Montgomery were horrible during Memorial Day weekend and in PC it was great besides the 1 or 2 showers. Okay so here we are getting everything situated when MIL calls about the codes to use. You need a code for your room, to get to the beach, and for parking. To get to your room there is a 6 digit code. I was thinking that would be hard to remember because I hate putting anything in my head that is not needed - why add to the file right?! So I'm jotting it on a sheet of paper when she tells us the key for the beach and parking....###*######. You've got to be kidding me?! How was I going to remember something that long when I'm only here for 3 days. So every time you come in from the beach to the condo area you had to punch in the code to get back in. Each time there were people stopped at the gate trying to remember. Every time I had to get out my scratch sheet of paper and key it in - anytime there was someone walking by to open it for you was a sign of relief that I didn't have to dig it out or try and remember. Although that end of PC was nice I still prefer Destin over PC. I love me some outlets, Backporch on the beach with the windows up, Buster's grouper sandwich and raw oysters, and Baytown. So I headed out early yesterday to get back in time to pick up groceries and then Meiko from being boarded and to have time to relax before starting back at work. I cleaned up the house and baked an angel food cake because Blake will be here tonight! I'm so excited! He started on orders May 13th, 2008 and came back in August for a couple of weeks, then November a couple of weeks, then December for Christmas break. It has been almost 7 weeks since we have seen each other so I'm ready to be a family again. Meiko will have to get used to the floor again because there isn't going to be room on his side of the bed anymore. Bailey is excited to show her daddy her new playhouse - every time she rings the doorbell on it she pretends it is her daddy.

2 comments:

  1. "Bailey is excited to show her daddy her new playhouse - every time she rings the doorbell on it she pretends it is her daddy." <---PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She showed him ASAP when he got home how she sits inside and that if you fold yourself up into a ball you can sit inside with her. She loves it but then there is no room to even walk.

    ReplyDelete