Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ruth

So my friend at church let me borrow a book about Ruth from the Bible. It was written on Biblical facts and what the Bible says with fictional stuff added to juice it up. We were in a Bible study together reading "Bad Girls of the Bible" and my favorite bad girl was Rahab the harlot. So Jessica let me borrow the book about her and I read it within a day or two (note: I don't read for fun...school ruined the joy of ever reading for pleasure). When I returned it to her she told me that Ruth was good too and so I borrowed it....it has been sitting on my shelf for close to a year now. So since I was going to the beach I grabbed it just in case I was bored and needed something to do. I started reading it while laying out and couldn't put it down. It was such a good love story! At the end it had the passage from the Bible and I read that too, but the author added so much more like what they were thinking and feeling along with describing the surroundings of that time. So now I can finally give Jessica her book back :) So maybe I should make a summer reading list, but if I do I know for fact it will not have the Harry Potter or Twilight series on it...I refuse to not join in on that.

2 comments:

  1. oh COME ON!! haha TWILIGHT IS GREAT! Although...I have gotten in the recent habit of starting books and not finishing! I started reading Twilight...I started reading Confessions of a Shopaholic...I started reading Sippy Cups are Not for Chardonnay...I started reading...wait thats it I think!? haha man..I need to catch up.......Shall we start a "book list for the summer" club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like a plan as long as Twilight is never mentioned :)The shopaholic series looks cute and I read the insert to the sippy cups...looks so funny. I also read the insert for the book after that one about toddlers since that is what stage Bailey is now.

    ReplyDelete