Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday

I'm not a birthday person. I don't tell people a week in advance that my birthday is coming up or casually drop the birthday date or write it on people's calendars at work...I just don't think it is that big of a deal (my opinion - I love people that love their birthdays and think that day is ALL about them and that we should do everything for them...love those people). I had parties growing up but I haven't had a party since I was 16 I guess. Anyway this year will be the second birthday in a row that Blake has not been here and for some reason I am seriously emotional about it. We have been together since I was 18 and he was 19 and every year we have spent our birthdays together with friends or by ourselves (we both have May birthdays). I try not to look ahead and plan, but we were 99% sure he would be home by now. A girl in my Sunday School Class said, "Just plan something and the Air Force will mess it up!" I thought - no I am a planner and I make better judgement on things like this...nope not this time. So I planned a birthday dinner with friends for my birthday this year and I dropped an email and text 3 days before the big day...so I guess this makes me a birthday person but you won't catch me wearing a pin on my shirt with dollars hanging from it (Now those people do get on my nerves).

No comments:

Post a Comment