Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Making Mother's Day Special

Blake's family is big on celebrating holidays and birthdays at a meal. For mother's day we met at Mimi's Cafe for brunch and it was so good. We had a reservation so there was no wait at all - there was a 2 hour wait for those without a reservation. Bailey spent the night with her Gigi the night before so I could go to a graduation party so when I arrived she was so excited to show me a card she made in Sunday school. It was a red piece of construction paper folded and on the inside she colored me the most beautiful piece of artwork I have ever seen. It really was the best Mother's Day card in the world. My M-I-L also gave me a present from B&B Works...candle and wallflowers. Then Blake's grandmother gave me a card with $$. I didn't expect it at all, but they both said it was from Bailey because Blake could not be here. It was sad not having him here and it was his 25th Birthday--two occasions on the same day and we are 400 miles apart. The good news is that I got some great sympathy presents and a fabulous card from my daughter...plus we are counting days now instead of weeks and months. Roughly 10 days left and he will be home :) After lunch we headed to my parent's house along with Meiko.

1 comment: