Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

OMGosh!

So today I decided to treat myself to Starbucks. My favorite at the moment and has been going very strong: Grande Chi Latte with skim milk and sugar free vanilla added. I consider myself to be very good at determining calories in food and drinks because when I was a junior in high school I was determined to loose weight and started looking at everything before I ate it. So I guesstimated 200 calories...and I was right on target - 200 calories exactly according to their website. So then I started looking around for the amount of calories in my new favorite snack: sugar free banana coffee cake. In my head I thought 200-250. Well after some research I finally found a calorie website with it on there...480 calories!!!! Are you kidding me?!? 28 grams of fat!!! I could have gone to McDonalds and had a sausage biscuit for that amount. From now on I'm never going to buy another bakery item from Starbucks...especially if it says "sugar free".

No comments:

Post a Comment