Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Minnie Knot Dress/Top

I started on Bailey's Minnie Knot Top this last weekend using the bodice piece of the knot dress I found on here: http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2008/04/happy-anniversary-to-you.html I used the size 6 pattern and glad I did because it fits great (Size 4's fit a tad snug). I wanted something more casual and saw a few cute outfits on etsy that gave me the idea to do the knot top with matching pants that have a ruffle on the bottom. I would have made the top more full but I didn't buy enough fabric...plus it would have made it heavier and I wanted a light weight top for her to wear at Disney World. I may shorten the top after I finish the pants to see if it needs to be shorter. This was my second attempt at button holes and after a few practice rounds I remembered again. I can only embroider one letter at a time when I use letters from my zip drive which makes it difficult to get everything spaced right and leveled. I used the Disney Font for her name. I'm sure with time it will not be as time consuming. It turned out so cute with the ruffle ribbon and I can't wait to see her in it with the pants and Minnie ears. I showed it to her last night and she said, "Oh mommy! It is so pretty!".

Front of Top


Back of Top

Linked up to this party:

3 comments:

  1. AWW! How cute! I love it!
    Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete