Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 13: The Core of the Problem

So I'm reading the devotional book called "The Frazzled Female: 30 Days to Finding God's Peace in Your Daily Chaos". Well this week's topic is time management which happens to be something I am great at. Anytime I find an article on time management or tips to get things done faster...I'm all on it. So Day 13 was about being too involved in things even if they are good things. So that made me think about my daily routine and things I add to it that although they are good - are they what I should be doing? I have been pretty bad about doing my quiet time in the morning/night since Blake got home because I have less time by myself and I enjoy being in his company. So this statement was attention grabbing "God does not want you to do every good thing. You must check His thinking and seek His counsel in everything you do. He alone can tell you what you need to be involved in during this time in your life." She then went on to say that every morning during her quiet time she goes over what her "to do" list is along with her schedule and prays about the things that need to be done and what is not important will be made known to her. Then in the journal part it asks: "Too many good women doing too many good things! Do you fall under the umbrella? It's so easy to get caught up in doing good things because...well, they need to be done! Free yourself from the anxiety of trying to do it all, by realizing that God never intended for you to do it all in the first place. Where do you think He's telling you to cut back?" I make "to do" lists all the time and love checking it off to show how productive I am...no one else sees the list but me. I have been adding hobbies to my life slowly one at a time...but the thing that I feel that needs to be cut is my television shows. They take away from my time with Bailey and not just me but her - she loves watching her movies as well. I feel like that is time wasted that we could be spending together. I bought a preschool workbook about 2 weeks ago and we have only done one page together - after reading this I want to get my priorities back in line and only put what is truly important on my "to do" list.

2 comments:

  1. Dont you LOVE this devotional!?!? I am not finished with mine..but getting pretty close and I have full intentions of starting over! haha It's such a great book to use daily. I lvoe spending my quiet time with this devotional. I hpe you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through facebook. I've recently become addicted to other people's blogs...I just think that reading about real people is so interesting. I want to start getting into more crafts, so reading about all that you do has been fun.

    ReplyDelete