Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potty Training

So last night while I was watching the first episode of the new season of Army Wives on my DVR I noticed Bailey did not have on a diaper...the daycare put her in a pull up. Not only was it not a diaper but it was a boy's pull up with "Cars" on them. I don't know if they were sending me a sign saying, "HELLO!!!! It's time you potty train your child!!!" or they could have just grabbed a blue pull up and put it on Bailey?! I will ask them about it today when I pick her up. She has Dora the Explorer Panties and a pink potty chair in the bathroom with a cushion seat, but still she has shown no real interest in going. I show her the panties but she doesn't ask for them to be on her and she likes the potty chair but doesn't do anything inside of it. So last night I put a pair of the toddler panties on her and told her to tell me if she has to go and if she goes then she gets an "M&M". I know...I'm promoting childhood obesity, but I didn't know what else to do and Kate off of "John and Kate plus 8" trained all of hers by luring them with jelly beans. So when I get a break today at work I will google "Potty Training Tips". Anyway, she was playing and pee-pee'd in her panties and that was that...she didn't even go at all in the potty. I didn't get mad because I know that only makes it worse but she got upset because she didn't get an "M&M". What to do!? More on the adventures of potty training to come...stay tuned! I guess I will be making a chart tonight for her to put stickers on it every time she goes. She loves stickers so maybe this will be a good tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment