Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sewing Time!

Well I have been looking online for a portable but nice sewing machine to take classes with and I bought a refurbished one for $45 with only $10 shipping today on Amazon.com. I am really excited about making my own stuff! I have lots of ideas for Bailey and gifts like Aprons, blankets, window scarves, super cute luggage tags, hair bows, bags....I just can't wait to learn to follow patterns and then branch out and do my own thing. I won't be making matching sweaters for the family or anything like that, but boutique style clothing and accessories that when you see them you say to yourself, "Now I could make that!". I have a whole bunch of those moments which is why I take pictures of those things and collect them because I know I can do it myself. Plus I have the perfect model for children's clothes and everyone loves a cute homemade item at a baby shower. I'm going to take the classes soon, but I may get a jump on things and learn from a book so I'm not stuck on step 1 while people are on step 10. I will post pictures of projects as soon as they start. I guess this is my project for the summer: learn to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment